There are a wide variety of types of Chemours® Teflon® coating with unique properties that is easily matched with your needs. The most important factor when decided which type of Chemours® Teflon® coating to use is the cure temperature that your product can withstand. The team at Coating Solutions can help you determine exactly which type of Chemours® Teflon® coating will best meet your product’s needs so that you can be confident that your equipment, machinery or other products will get the maximum performance, increased function and increased lifespan. Coating Solutions is a family owned business that has specialized in Chemours® Teflon® application for more than 20 years, offering extraordinary customer service, fast turnaround and the lowest minimum lot charge in the industry.
Chemours® Teflon® Coating Types
No matter what type of product you need coated, Coating Solutions can help you find the right Teflon® coating option for you from the list below:
● Teflon® PTFE coatings: This coating is the most temperature resistant of all the Teflon® coating solvents. Products that can be coated with PTFE have to be able to withstand a minimum cure temperature of 370°C (700°F). PTFE coatings provide the lowest coefficient of friction and are extremely nonwetting, which means that they are ideally suited for an electrical insulator.
● Teflon® FEP coatings work for products that can withstand a minimum of 650°F (340°C). These coatings are often used for mold release coatings. FEP is also extraordinarily nonwetting, with an extremely low coefficient of friction.
● Teflon® PFA is a coating that is non-porous, chemical-resistant and resistant to very high temperatures. PFA can withstand a minimum temperature of 700°F (350°C).
● Teflon® S products are unique because they require only one coat and do not need primers. To use Teflon® S products, your products should be able to withstand a minimum temperature of 350-650°F (175-340°C).
● Specialty Systems was developed as a line of products that combines a patented blend of PTFE, PFA, and FEP. This coating provides endurance and resistance to abrasions, along with superior release. It requires a minimum cure temperature of 800°F (427°C) to be used.
Coating Solutions – Quick Turnaround And Low Minimum Lot Charge
In addition to helping you find the perfect coating for your product, Coating Solutions will provide you with superior customer service, fast turnaround time and a low minimum lot charge. This means that you will not pay any more to coat one item than you do to coat one hundred items. For more information about Teflon® coating application, call our team today at 651-762-5700.