Coating Solutions is a Minnesota based company specializing in the application of DuPont Teflon® and fluoropolymer industrial coatings. With more than 20 years of experience, we have been providing our customers with the best business in the area. We are committed to provide our customers with the best customer service, greatest quality and exceptional costs in the area. Being family owned and operated, we understand the importance and building and maintaining relationships. We pride ourselves in building first-rate customer service.
When you are looking to cover your items with either Teflon® or another fluoropolymer coating, you want to make sure you are working with a company you can trust because the process is very specific. If the process is done incorrectly, the coat will not function properly. When you work with Coating Solutions, we inspect each item thoroughly to ensure that the process was done 100% from start to finish, and you leave with a product that you are happy with and functions correctly.
When you are looking for a company that takes there time and does the process correctly, then you have found the right Minnesota company. Our step by step process promises that we will get everything done correctly.
- Prebake Substrate – The very first step is prebaking the substrate. You need to remove the oils so that the coat can adhere properly. Without the substrate being perfectly cleaned, the coatings will not stick properly, and that is why prebaking is incredibly important.
- Grit Blasting – Second comes grit blasting. Grit blasting helps prepare the substrate for coating by removing scales, corrosion, rust, and previous coatings. This process also enlarges the surface so that the coat will have more room to adhere properly.
- Spray on Fluoropolymer – Next comes the sprayed on fluoropolymer. Depending on the fluoropolymer the conventional, manual spray method is used to ensure a perfect coat every time.
- Cure Substrate – After the fluoropolymer has been applied the substate needs to be cured. Each fluoropolymer coating has its own specifications regarding curing. The curing step depends upon which type of coat is applied to the substate. The substrate must be able to withstand the curing temperature for the specific coat. Curing temperatures can be as high as 800°F.
- Quality Control – Next, we will check the substrate for defects. We guarantee high quality for all of our customers, so the inspection process is a crucial aspect to the entire coating process. This ensures that our customers are happy every time.
- Package & Ship – When the coating process is complete, we package it up and ship it back to the customer so that they can get back to production.
Why are we the number one Teflon Application company?
We are not the same as every other company in Minnesota. Each one of our customers is satisfied by the work we do. We even have one-day rush available. And we have the lowest minimum lot charge in the industry, so you know that we won’t stick you up and empty your wallet when you just need a part or two coated so you can get back to work. Of course our quality is good.