FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene) is an ISO 9001 certified coating that has some diverse benefits when used as a coating material. This coating is an excellent option for applications that require some of the advantages of PTFE coatings but also need to be easily formed into different shapes. Coating Solutions in Hugo, MN offers FEP coating services to a variety of industrial industries.
Teflon™ FEP coatings provide a unique flame-resistance (max temps rated at 400oF) and an outstanding low-temperature toughness. These nonstick coatings melt during the baking process, forming nonporous films. This makes them a natural choice for applications which require chemical and abrasion resistance, as well as release. FEP is available in water-based liquid and powder forms.
FEP Coating Applications
FEP film can be easily cut, thermoformed, heat sealed, and welded for applications such as diaphragms, gaskets, protective linings, or thermoformed containers. FEP Coatings are used in many industries including:
● Food and beverage appliances including industrial bakeware and other food grade applications. FEP coatings are acceptable for direct contact with food including cookies, bread and other pastries that bake at 300°F.
● Molding Industry for molds and molding components. FEP coatings eliminate the need for oil as a release agent during the molding process.
● Electrical Components for computers and aerospace industries. FEP’s dielectric properties make it an ideal coating for different electrical components.
● Outdoor Applications due to the FEP coatings resistance to sun exposure and harsh weather.
● Medical FEP coatings can provide low friction and biocompatibility which is very important in the medical industry. This coating is also FDA approved, non-porous, flexible, and weldable.
● Chemical Processing due to FEPs non-porous coatings, it has a higher chemical resistance
Limitations Of FEP
One tradeoff FEPs have is that they tend to be a bit “softer” compared to other fluoropolymers. FEP coatings have high impact resistance but are a little less durable in high-volume, high-friction applications than other fluoropolymer options.
Experienced FEP Industrial Applicators In Minnesota
Because there are so many factors to consider with FEP application and other fluoropolymers, experience is invaluable. The experts at Coating Solutions have decades of experience and pull knowledge from many different areas. Request a quote online or call us at (651) 762-5700 to discuss your application needs. With a fast turnaround time and low minimum requirements, we look forward to getting your application started today!