Fast Teflon® Coating Process
At Coating Solutions, we believe in doing things right, the first time. We are a family-owned business that has the flexibility to be more responsive and customize your wants and needs. We are a full-service industrial coatings company that can handle all of your Teflon® coating needs from start to finish. As a family owned and operated company, we are easily set apart from our competitors, offering extremely fast turnaround times, low minimum lot charges and affordable pricing for all of our customers. While being fast and affordable is great, nothing compares to the quality coating work that we do every single time. Through our Teflon® coating process, your results are guaranteed to be excellent.
Customized Teflon Coating Process
The Teflon® coating process is extremely specific and customized to your needs and what the substrate can handle. At Coating Solutions, we thoroughly inspect each item during the process to ensure that everything is being handled properly. While the specifications of the coat may change around a bit, our step by step Teflon® coating process is always the same. This process includes:
● Prebaking the Substrate: By heating up and prebaking your item, we are essentially cleaning and removing all of the surface oils so that the Teflon® coating will stick properly. If this is not done properly, the Teflon® coating will not adhere as well.
● Grit Blasting the Substrate: Similar to the first step, we are still preparing for our coating. We grit blast our substrates with aluminum oxide. This roughens up and enlarges the surface so that the coating will have more room to adhere. The aluminum oxide is also removing any scales, corrosion, rust or even previous coatings. It is able to remove even the hardest metals.
● Spraying the Teflon® Coating: This is the fun part! After our substrate is fully cleaned and prepped, we manually hand spray each substrate. That’s right, there is no conveyor belt method here. Manual spraying ensures a perfect coat, every single time.
● Curing the Substrate: Once Teflon® coating is applied, we will cure the substrate. This is where specifications on your Teflon® coatings may vary. We will figure out the appropriate temperature and time that it will take based on your Teflon® coating.
● Quality Control Measures: Once it has been cured, your item is essentially ready. However, no item ever leaves our facility without being thoroughly checked. We will inspect for any imperfections during this process to ensure the highest quality results for all of our customers.
● Packing and Shipping: Once the inspection is complete, we will carefully package up your items and ship them back to you. Fast, affordable and convenient!
Our Teflon® coating process at Coating Solutions is thorough to ensure that all of our customers stay satisfied. For more information about our Teflon® coating process or if you’d like to learn more about our specific coatings, give us a call today. Contact Coating Solutions today at (651) 762-5700 or send us an email at email@example.com.